ADSM-L

Digital UNIX Client Problems

2015-10-04 17:46:03
Subject: Digital UNIX Client Problems
From: Kelly J. Lipp [mailto:lipp AT STORSOL DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello folks,

ADSM Server V3.1.2.1 on Solaris.  Digital UNIX Client 4.0D with ADVFS and
ASE.  ADSM Client V3.1.0.6 and .5

We're unable to get this beasty to work as the Solaris client works.  We
create a directory in / called
wfs.  Create a couple of other directories under that.  Then perform a dsmc
incr /wfs.  It backed up the directory wfs, but nothing under it.  Same test
on Solaris client yielded the expected result: wfs and the files and dirs
under it are backed up.

Further, an incr / didn't backup the wfs directory or anything under it.

Command was:

dsmc incr /wfs

Our error log entries returned from a incr /wfs without date and time stamps
(but we're sure these are the errors):

TcpOpen(): setsockopt(SO_SNDBUF): errno = 55
TcpOpen(): setsockopt(SO_RCVBUF): errno = 55
TcpOpen(): setsockopt failed on one or more options

Now if that isn't weird enough we're also getting on the following:

dsmc incr /

Produces:

ANS4010E Error processing '/' : stale NFS handle

We've seen the chatter in the list recently about this client.  Is it just
flat broken?  We've regressed to 3.1.0.5 and had the same results.