ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Backup Admin

1999-03-01 11:49:09
Subject: Re: ADSM Backup Admin
From: Kenneth Sparks <ken_x_sparks AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 10:49:09 -0600
     How can you go on vacation,get sick, take a comp day after working all
     night without a backup admin???

Author:  Johnson.GailA (Johnson.GailA AT AMSTR DOT COM) at unix,sh
Date:    2/24/99 12:59 PM

Okay, we here is our environment:

2 ADSM Servers both on AIX
around 140 clients - unix,nt,netware

I administer adsm and the unix, nt, netware guys install clients and handle
restores.

My management is asking me who is my backup -- I would like to ask everyone
how this is done in their environment.

Do you have 2 adsm administators.

I don't install adsm servers without the unix person and i don't install
clients -- i mostly adsminister and ensure backups complete and there are
enough resources for backups and educate everyone, etc.

How do you handle the backup person the the ADSM administrator and/or
clients.  I'm not sure there is enough work for 2 people here at least on the
administrator side.....

let me know any of your thoughts on this process ---

thanks, in advance...