ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:46:03
Hi,

I've configured a ADSM Server on NT with a 3575 Tape Library attached
and Four 3590 Magstar Tape Drives.

If I try and configure the 3590 Tape Drive using DEFINE DEVICE 3590DEV
DEVT=3590 FORMAT=3590C etc....  it defines the device class, but trying
to back up to this device gives an error that there is not enough mount
points available.  When defining this device as a DEVT=3570
FORMAT=3570C...all is fine.  According to the ADSM for NT version
3.1.2.1 documentation on devices supported, 3590 Magstar Tape Drives are
supported.

What am I doing wrong?  The ADSMSCSI detects these drives as 3570's.

Thanks and regards
Gerrit