ADSM-L

How to optimize client backups

1999-02-26 16:18:25
Subject: How to optimize client backups
From: Jeff Intermesoli <jeffintermesoli AT OLYMPUS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 16:18:25 -0500
I am using ADSM v2.1 on an AS/400 v4.1 to backup 16 NetWare clients using IP on
a FDDI ring.

I am trying to optimize the backup and have broken the backups up into 3 groups
of 5-6 clients.  When I monitor active backups it seems like only 2 are really
receiving processing time the other 3 or 4 are always in a receive wait status.
Is there something I can do to optimize this process.

Over the FDDI ring I can BU a single 30 Gig server in less than 2 hours.  If I
have 5 active at the same time it may take 12 hours.  Any suggestions???

Jeff Intermesoli
Manager, Network & Design
Olympus America Inc.
(516)844-5987