ADSM-L

Re: Why is MagStar so good

1999-02-26 13:46:50
Subject: Re: Why is MagStar so good
From: "Dusedau, Stefan" <Stefan.Dusedau AT VIACOM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 13:46:50 -0500
We use over 20 Magstar 3590 and 4 Magstar 3570 drives in our environment
with somewhere around 20,000 cartridges. This environment was setup when the
3590 drive first came out and in all this time I can not remember a failure
due to a media error. Yes the drives need maintenance and do have failures
but much fewer then our 8 mm and DLT environments. The only tape failures we
have had are the type that comes from drop kicking the cartridges across the
data center (we try not to do this :=).

Thank You,

Stefan Dusedau
infoWorks
A Viacom technology service
(212)258-6739
stefan.dusedau AT viacom DOT com <mailto:stefan.dusedau AT viacom DOT com>