ADSM-L

New NT Client

1999-02-25 15:23:57
Subject: New NT Client
From: Mark Lemieux <mlemieux AT USMARINE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 12:23:57 -0800
I need some starter help with an NT client, all of my experience
up to date has dealt with UNIX clients...

I have just gotten done installing an ADSM client on an NT box...
I setup default management classes and policies...
I was able to run my initial incremental backup...

1.  According to directions I brought up a DOS prompt and started
     the client from it...
     \Program Files\IBM\adsm\baclient>dsmc schedule

2.  It says if I close the window it kills the client, how do I start it in
     the background...

3.  Where does "dsmsched.log" reside or do I not have one because
     the client is running in the foreground...

4.  During install an ADSM desktop icon was created...  What is that for???
     I am backing up an NT Server and I'm not used to using a GUI, should
     I have started the client from it???

5.  This box has an Oracle NT database on it, are there any pitfalls I
should
     be looking out for...

Mark Lemieux
Senior Technical Analyst