ADSM-L

ODBC driver and Lotus Approach to query adsm database

1999-02-25 10:08:43
Subject: ODBC driver and Lotus Approach to query adsm database
From: "Rod M. Brown" <TS59542 AT BJCMAIL.CARENET DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:08:43 -0600
Hello,
 I am trying to access our adsm
database on our os/390 mainframe from my NT4.0 machine via odbc and
lotus approach. I have the latest adsm ver3 NT admin client installed on
my pc. I have also verified that I can enter "select" statements from
the admin command line interface and the output from the selects comes
back just fine. I configured the odbc connection from the NT control
panel interface odbc icon, giving the adsm server names, port numbers, userid
and
password. The trouble is when I use the Lotus approach windows to
accomplish the same thing it just hangs and I then have to kill the
appoach application via the NT task manager. I look at the adsm started
task on the mainframe and there is no indication that it realizes that I
am trying to connect to it just the entry from the connection from the admin
command line interface. I turned tracing on for the odbc adsm source
and the contents of the odbcadsm.out files are as follows....

(first odbcadsm.out file)
Entered DllMain() - DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH.
Entered DllMain() - DLL_PROCESS_DETACH.

(second odbcadsm.out file)
Entered DllMain() - DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH.
Entered SQLAllocEnv()
Exit    SQLAllocEnv() -- pHenv = 169420
Entered SQLAllocConnect()
Exit    SQLAllocConnect() -- pHdbc = 177d88
Entered SQLGetInfo().
Exit    SQLGetInfo() DRIVER_ODBC_VER = 02.50
Entered SQLDriverConnect() -- pHdbc = 177d88
     : (szConnStrIn) = 'DSN=adsm'.
     : Completion flag = SQL_DRIVER_COMPLETE_REQUIRED.
Entered InitializeServerSession()

   If anyone has any insights into what might be the problem I would very
much appreciate it or if you know of any resources for trying to
accomplish this.... I have been searching the web for weeks trying to
find info and haven't had too much luck. I know that this is supposed to
work because it is mentioned in various adsm documentation that you can
query the adsm database using lotus approach via the odbc interface.

Thanks very much for ANY info you can provide.

Rod Brown
ts59542 AT bjcmail.carenet DOT org
314-362-0517