ADSM-L

Informing clients when their backup is completed

1999-02-24 11:23:09
Subject: Informing clients when their backup is completed
From: Winters Eric-a1422c <a1422c AT EUROPE.MOT DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 17:23:09 +0100
We would like our clients (MAC and NT users) to have an easy way of knowing
if their scheduled backup has completed successfully. The product they have
been using, Retrospect, would cause a window to pop up once the backup had
completed. I don't want users to have to read the dsmsched.log to determine
if it worked or not.
Naturally I can see centrally which schedules succeeded or failed, but we
would like the user to also be informed.

Has anyone any experience of this? How do others manage failed backups in
large groups of users?

Thanks,

Eric Winters
Corporate Computer Services EMEA