ADSM-L

Re: BACKINT - restoring to another host

1999-02-23 14:07:42
Subject: Re: BACKINT - restoring to another host
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 13:07:42 -0600
     Well, I only know of two ways to get data from one machine back to
     another...
     EITHER
        as root change the "node blah" statement in your dsm.sys file and
        "pretend" to be that other system when you connect to adsm
     OR
        from the actual machine perform "set access" commands to grant
        access to another node.
        NOTE: the person granting the access needs to be
                the owner of the backup (which is the owner of the file)
                the owner of the archive (ye' who performed the archive)
                or the special owner of all (root)

     later,
           Dwight