ADSM-L

Re: Solaris 2.5, ADSM Server and 3494 w/ 3590 drives

1999-02-23 10:32:00
Subject: Re: Solaris 2.5, ADSM Server and 3494 w/ 3590 drives
From: "Richard C. Dempsey" <dempsey AT KODAK DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 10:32:00 -0500
Have you tried 'boot -r' to tell Solaris to reconfigure the /devices
directory?
I need to do this whenever I install IBMtape, lmcpd, or reconfigure the SCSI
devices.

Rich

At 07:30 PM 2/15/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Hey gang,
>
>We're doing it again, paving the way, I'm afraid.  We've got a Solaris
5500 system, 6 SCSI adapters to six 3590s in a 3494.  We're having trouble
configuring the drives.  When we load the IBMtape driver, we're getting
errors similar to:

>Device file entry sbus mumblefratz invalid format -- ignoring
>
>And none of the sx special device files are getting created.
>
>We've modified st.conf to make sure it isn't fighting for resources, but
we are getting a bunch of special files with m's and n's in them, but no sx
devices.  Our IBMtape.conf file is simple, six stanzas without any of the
special parameters like sili, etc., in them.

>We followed the directions in the book to the letter, but no luck.  A
fiver to the first correct answer!

>TIA,
>
>Kelly Lipp
>lipp AT storsol DOT com
>
>PS, if you're a Solaris dude with time on your hands on Tuesday, buzz me
on the phone.  I'll owe you!

>719-531-5926

Richard C. Dempsey                 email: dempsey AT kodak DOT com
Public Online Services             pager: 716-975-3539
11th Floor, Bldg 83, RL            phone: 716-477-3457
Eastman Kodak Company
Rochester, NY 14650-2203