ADSM-L

Re: More Questions on DR Without DRM

1999-02-22 14:12:58
Subject: Re: More Questions on DR Without DRM
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:12:58 -0500
Just another comment about something that caused me confusion:

PENDING vs EMPTY.

If you have a reusedelay period of n days defined in the properties of your
storage pool, when ADSM knows all the data from a tape has been expired (or
reclaimed), it marks the tape as PENDING.

It stays in PENDING status for n days.  Then it automatically changes that
tape to EMPTY when it's really ready to come back.

So you really don't have to do much, ADSM minds the status of everything for
you!

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert