ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:47:37
Hi dear ADSMr's,

Has anybody encountered any memory problems with the 3.1.0.6 baclient ?
Does the fixtest IC22800J4.EXE addresse this memory problems?
Hardware:
Digital prioris 6000 with two  pentium Pro 200's and 128MB memory.
This machine is a one of two sharing a 70 GB redundant RAID.
These servers are clients of our ADSM Server 3.1.2.13
We are using ADSM since late October 1998.
Both servers where running NT 3.51 and required frequent rebooting due to the
filemanager not responding.
We where not sure what caused this problem.We upgraded one of the servers to
NT4 and  3.1.0.6 baclient.
After the overnight backup we couldn't access this server and this was due to
the lack of available memory.
The test this afternoon showed that the baclient used the available memory
(70MB) and didn't release it after we stopped the backup.
We also compared the 3.1.0.5 client and noticed that it didn't release some of
the memory on the NT3.51 with the 3.1.0.5 client but over time this is most
likely to cause us problems.
I've noticed that solaris and digital alpha's have this problem but I didn't
read about any Intel based servers having memory leakage problems.
The backup overnight finished without any problems but we had to reboot the
server in the morning as it was unusable. The actlog showed about 257000
objects for one server and 255000 objects for the other server. The service
requires about 500 bytes per object to process. So I require about 100MB for
this process.
The process should still run reasonably well with this amount of memory.
I'm sure there will be much larger windows NT4 clients out there with an NT4
ADSM server version 3.1.2.13
Can you please tell me if you have any similar problems?
Have you fixed it and what are the fixes?

I.m looking forward to your responses and I thank you all for your help !

Have a G'day !

Leo Humar
LCS Pty Ltd
lhumar AT vic.bigpond.net DOT au