ADSM-L

Re: V3 backup of non-local files

1999-02-18 19:48:45
Subject: Re: V3 backup of non-local files
From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 19:48:45 -0500
Pat,

I'm surprised the book says that.  This is actually the way the Mac client
was originally implemented when it first came out, and a bunch of folks
complained.  IBM (Brett) then changed it so that ALL-LOCAL meant all local
volumes that were hard drives.  Specifically, diskettes, network
(Appleshare) volumes, and CD-ROM drives were excluded.  I would expect ADSM
to continue to work this way in V3, tho I have not verified it.  Perhaps
the documentation never got updated when Brett made the change?  Anyway, on
this particular thing I would not take what the book says as gospel, but
rather try it out to see how it really works.  If anyone in ADSM Pubs is
listening, perhaps they can also check and update the docs.

..Paul