ADSM-L

NT ADSM question

1999-02-18 13:41:50
Subject: NT ADSM question
From: Kyle Payne <payne AT BERBEE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 12:41:50 -0600
Group,
        I have been told that a default Unix install of ADSM server creates 3
Storage Pools ARCHIVEPOOL, SPACEMGPOOL, and BACKUPOOL.  Yet in NT you have
the following 4 pools ARCHIVEPOOL, SPACEMGPOOL, DISKPOOL, and BACKUPPOOL.
        In Unix, BACKUPPOOL is supposed to be the diskpool and as a result has a
volume associated with it when it is created.  In NT, ADSM uses DISKPOOL as
the diskpool and as a result has a volume associated with it.  It then has
BACKUPPOOL set to migrate to DISKPOOL with no volumes associated to
BACKUPPOOL.
        In both Unix and NT however the POOL assigned to the default management
class is BACKUPPOOL.

        My question is, what gives?  Why is there an extra pool in NT?  Is
there a
special reason for this?  My gut feeling is to just use BACKUPPOOL and have
it migrate to a tape pool.

Thanks,

Kyle