ADSM-L

How to configure new admin outside of LAN...

1999-02-18 11:46:27
Subject: How to configure new admin outside of LAN...
From: "Durloo, Ernie W." <EDURLOO AT SMURFIT DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 10:46:27 -0600
Hello all,
Thanks for all of the help thus far!!!
Question: I have been asked to configure an outside consultant as an admin
for our ADSM enterprise.  I am extremely new to ADSM, and so far have only
used our local E-mail addresses as NODENAME in the .opt files.  I now need
to get this outside consultant configured to allow him to audit our existing
system.  My question is what would be the best way to get our server
recognize him.  Machine name??? or what?  He has access to our network, only
he is not on our E-mail sys.  Sorry if this sounds basic....but I am trying
to prove my abilities and need all of the help that I can get.

Help PLEASE,
Ernie Durloo
Tech Support trainee
Smurfit Stone Container Corp.