ADSM-L

Re: remote install of ADSM

1999-02-18 11:36:45
Subject: Re: remote install of ADSM
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 11:36:45 -0500
You don't say want version of the Windows client you are trying to install -

There is a problem with the InstallShield packaging for the 3.1.0.6 Win32
client (PTF6) which causes the response file to be created incorrectly if
you go through some of the paths for CUSTOM install.

That may be your problem, we were also getting RC 12 trying to run the
silent install with the response file.

Our problem was resolved in the current FIXTEST for the Win32 client
available on index.storsys.ibm.com.  Note this is NOT a supported version of
the client, but in planning our rollout of PTF6, this fixed our problem and
let us go ahead with testing for silent installs.

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert