ADSM-L

No space in DIRMC storage pool ANR0522W

1999-02-17 10:59:59
Subject: No space in DIRMC storage pool ANR0522W
From: "Wm. Boyer" <wboyer AT DSSCORP DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 10:59:59 -0500
We have begun to upgrade our clients and to use a DIRMC mangement class.
Right now I have several clients backing up using this storage pool. It's a
DISK storage pool DIRPOOL defined at initially 500MB. I do a backup to an
offsite tape daily. If I do a Q STG DIRPOOL F=D it shows I'm 0.3% utilized
and 100% Pct Logical.

For the last 3 days one server has been failing incremental backup. In the
DSMERROR.LOG on the client we get ANS1311E Server out of data storage
space. On the server we get ANR0522W Transaction failed for session 3421
for node SQLPROD1 (WinNT) (TCP....) - no space available in storage pool
DIRPOOL and all successor pools.

My other clients with DIRMC specified are working just fine. Could someone
explain to me why a pool at 0.3% utilized tells me there is no available
space???

Thanks,
Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.