ADSM-L

Moving dbvol

1999-02-16 04:13:00
Subject: Moving dbvol
From: Tom Grovassbakk <tom.roger.grovassbakk AT OSLO.PGS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 10:13:00 +0100
  Hi !

  Due to a total reorganizing of the AIX machine running our ADSM server
  the data base
  file(s) (dbvolume,vol_hist and dev_conf) have been moved from one
  location (disk) to
  another.

  I've updated the configuration file (dsmserv.opt) to reflect the new path
  to the DEVConfig and
  VOLUMEHistory files but cannot figure how to specify the changed location
  of the dbvolume.

  When starting the server it keeps looking for the dbvolume file(s) in the
  old location(s), and
  it appears to me that the path to these files are defined in the
  VOLUMEHistory files.

  Is there a quick way to tell the server that the path to the dbvolume(s)
  have changed or do I need
  to go through a procedure of creating new dbvolume(s), copying stuff
  over, and deleting old one(s) ?

  I have not done anything else than moving the location of the files.

  Regards
  Tom Roger