ADSM-L

FW: High Availability with ADSM

1999-02-15 23:19:02
Subject: FW: High Availability with ADSM
From: "Butt, Jawad (CAP, ITS, CA)" <JButt AT GECTS.GE DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 23:19:02 -0500
I have  a 2 node SP for backup purposes. Each node is a separate ADSM
server. I am planning to give a third node which is specifically for
high availablity.
We can put ADSM code on it plus all the relevant files and stuff.Each
day a full database backup of both the nodes can be taken on the 3rd
redundant node.  In case of failure of one of the nodes, the shared DASD
can be connected to the redundant node, we will restore the relevant
database (already on the node), change the server name , ip address and
the clients will backup the incremental data to the same server..