ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:47:37
I use the default value, i.e. my hostname, for ACSACCESSID.  I assume the
ACS admin had to add my host name in their config.  These 2 processes, which
handles the ACS stuff, need to be in the mix: /usr/adsm.devices/bin/mini_el
and /usr/adsm.devices/bin/ssi.  I assume you have purchased and configured
the advanced device support.  You can check by doing a 'query license' where
its displayed as the second line from the bottom.

The environmental variable 'ACSLS_SERVER_HOSTNAME' must be set to the dns
name (or ip) of your ACS host.  I define it in /etc/environment or you can
edit the /usr/adsm.devices/bin/rc.acs_ssi script.  If you edit the script,
you will have to remember to do it on each release and believe me, its easy
to forget.  I forgot twice and thats why I use /etc/environment.

Also, here are my /etc/inittab
entries: : ssi agent for ACSLS
autoacs:2:once:/usr/adsm.devices/bin/rc.acs_ssi quiet >/dev/console 2>&1
: ADSM Server
autosrvr:2:once:/usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin/rc.adsmserv >/dev/console 2>&1
: ADSM Scheduler
adsm:2:once:/usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsmc sched > /dev/null 2>&1

You can also run '/usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin/lbtest', select option 1 (manual),
then run test 50 - 56.  This is a quick and easy way to see if your ACS
connection is working.