ADSM-L

Re: backup db error

1999-02-15 08:17:37
Subject: Re: backup db error
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 15:17:37 +0200
Hi Mihai,

You can not use the same volume twice as a database backup -
it goes against ADSM's principles. Say you backup the DB as
type full the first time and then do five incrementals the rest of
the week to the same tape - and on the Sunday you loose the
tape - it does happen... You would have then lost a whole week
of data from an ADMS point of view.

Regards
Christo Heuer
ABSA Bank