ADSM-L

Re: backup db error

1999-02-15 08:06:35
Subject: Re: backup db error
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 07:06:35 -0600
     With ADSM DB Backups, it will only write the info as the "FIRST" file
     on the tape.  Having already performed one "backup db" to that tape
     you must first perform a "delete volhist type=dbb tod=blah" to remove
     that vol from adsm's inventory, then you may write a new version of
     dbbackup to the tape.  CATCH-22... if that is your only working
     dbbackup copy I'm not sure adsm will let you free it.

     This is where the bean counters hate us but break down, spend the
     extra money and have as many tapes as versions (incremental or full)
     that you want to keep of the data base.  I tend to keep 7 copies
     (daily full adsm db backups) on each/all of my adsm environments.

     later,
           Dwight