ADSM-L

Re: MVS Client Availability

1999-02-15 04:49:22
Subject: Re: MVS Client Availability
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 11:49:22 +0200
Hi Marco,

Dwight is correct in saying that the ADSM equivelent is called
DFHSM. In fact Adsm is the brainchild of the developers of
DFHSM - but that was a long time ago...
So in short - no the ADSM  client does not exist as you know it
for MVS.

There is an MVS client for ADSM which is called the Open Edition
client or the new name Unix System services client. Also as Dwight
stated - this is only for the pseudo unix part of MVS. In other words
you can not backup your MVS to and NT box (Had to get that one in
there), but you can backup your MVS Open edition if you want to...

The Open Edition file system on MVS is called an HFS file, this
is the same as an Unix file system that you create.

Let me know if you need additional info.

Regards
Christo Heuer
ABSA Bank
Johannesburg