ADSM-L

Re: MOVE DATA - newbie question

1999-02-13 12:35:09
Subject: Re: MOVE DATA - newbie question
From: Ray Schafer <schafer AT TKG DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 12:35:09 -0500
Iancu,

Dwights method works, I use it all the time.  I have a 3590 Library with 10
tapes, 1
drive.  I have a 16 GB diskpool.  Twice a week I run a script to reclaim the
space
on tapes that are marked FULL but have have less than 50% capacity.  Basically
the
script runs at a time when there should be no sessions going on.  The move data
command is run with wait=yes (sometimes there is more than one tape to be
reclaimed,
and since we only have one drive...)  It works well.  I never have to worry
about
doing this manually.

--
Ray Schafer                   | schafer AT tkg DOT com
Ray Schafer                   | schafer AT tkg DOT com