ADSM-L

Re: Simple concept Question

1999-02-12 14:22:55
Subject: Re: Simple concept Question
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 13:22:55 -0600
     OK, uncle, uncle, uncle ! ;-)

     I don't have offsite tapes in the normal sense... All my offsite tapes
     are virtual volumes in a remote adsm server.  So it sounds like "once
     it (a tape) is not a valid tape for output" is when it gets determined
     if it is eligible for reclamation.

     Dwight

Author:  HiltonT (HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM) at unix,mime
Date:    2/12/99 10:20 AM

That isn't true.  Whether a tape is filling or full, once the % reclamable
exceeds the threshold, it will be eligible for reclamation.  If you have a
copypool tape that is 5% utilized and 0% reclamable, it will change to 95%
reclamable as soon as it's marked offsite.

Tina