ADSM-L

Re: how does the client license work

1999-02-12 11:02:52
Subject: Re: how does the client license work
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 10:02:52 -0600
     Had a similar problem... we would perform incremental backups under
     the true node name but push SAP archives as a client named as the SAP
     instance name.  A single machine would have (1) its node name and
     possibly (2) CN1 (3) QA1 (4) TR1 ... anyway, more than one "registered
     node name"  I was worried and in discussions with IBM was told the
     same... must have one license per physical box using the adsm server.

     Since then we have altered the way we push archives and have retired
     client boxes were we have a great deal of excessive licenses anyway so
     I don't tend to worry anymore.

     Dwight