ADSM-L

Re: Chargeback to departments for ADSM usage

1999-02-12 10:05:06
Subject: Re: Chargeback to departments for ADSM usage
From: "Jones, Anthony" <Jones4A AT KOCHIND DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 09:05:06 -0600
We have taken this matter very seriously.  We charge each client for the
amount of space that they occupy on the ADSM server.
This calculation starts with the cost of storing information on a tape, the
capital costs of the ADSM environment, and admin costs for ADSM.

The easiest way to find this out is take your IT Finance Accountant to lunch
and beg him/her to explain the bean counting methods to cost recovery.

I did find a good document on the SunWorld web site:
http://www.sunworld.com/swol-11-1998/swol-11-cost2.html.

Anthony Jones
Platform Technologist - ADSM Administrator
Koch Industries, Inc.
Cultivate trusted business partnerships by continuously improving the
delivery of cost-effective and measurable platform and network management
services.