ADSM-L

Backing up locked files on Windows NT -Reply

1999-02-12 09:56:09
Subject: Backing up locked files on Windows NT -Reply
From: Tim Rushforth <trushfor AT CITY.WINNIPEG.MB DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 08:56:09 -0600
The following is from the ADSM Window NT Admin Guide:

Note:  When certain users or processes open files, they deny read
access to the files for any other user or process. When this happens,
even with serialization set to dynamic or shared dynamic, ADSM  does
not back up the file.

Tim
>>> Diane Dickinson <diane AT WSU DOT EDU> 02/11/99 05:20pm >>>
ADSM AIX/RS-6000 Server Ver 3 Rev 1 Level 1.5, Client Ver 3 Rev 1
Level 0.6
on Windows NT Server 4.0/SP 3

I cannot find anything in the documentation regarding ADSM's ability to
back up files that are locked on NT.  Am I right in assuming that there is
no way to do this, or am I missing something?  These are files that are
not
"just" open, but appear to be exclusively held by either the operating
system or an application.

Thanks.