ADSM-L

Re: WAITING FOR PROCESSES IN ADSM SCRIPTS

1999-02-11 12:05:51
Subject: Re: WAITING FOR PROCESSES IN ADSM SCRIPTS
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:05:51 -0800
Lynch, Rich wrote:

> I think there is a wait=yes option on most commands, is there not? Im going
> to try this on some of my backup copy pool commands as Im running into some
> timing issues, etc... Has anyone done this?

I use the following macro to back up my disk and tape pool in sequence.
The wait
command doesn't work with migration, because the command only updates
migration
thresholds, and doesn't actually start the process. To work around this,
I follow
the last backup with update schedule commands that stagger the start
times for migration.
Each migration schedule lowers the high thhreshold on it's corresponding
storage pool.
Later in the day, I have another scheduled macro that resets the
thresholds on all the
storage pools.

ba stgpool diskpool-1 copystg wait=yes
ba stgpool diskpool-2 copystg wait=yes
ba stgpool diskpool-3 copystg wait=yes
ba stgpool diskpool-4 copystg wait=yes
ba stgpool tapepool-1 copystg wait=yes
ba stgpool tapepool-2 copystg wait=yes
ba stgpool tapepool-3 copystg wait=yes
ba stgpool tapepool-4 copystg wait=yes
update schedule migrate_diskpool_2 type=admin active=yes startd=today
startt=now+0:01 exp=today
update schedule migrate_diskpool_3 type=admin active=yes startd=today
startt=now+0:20 exp=today
update schedule migrate_diskpool_1 type=admin active=yes startd=today
startt=now+0:40 exp=today
update schedule migrate_diskpool_4 type=admin active=yes startd=today
startt=now+1:00 exp=today