ADSM-L

Re: transfer speed

2015-10-04 17:47:37
Subject: Re: transfer speed
From: Toora, Kuli [SMTP:kulbinder.toora AT MEB.CO DOT UK]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello folks,

One thing i would like to share.

We are on OS390 V1.2.  We will soon be on OS390 V2.4.

Over the last 12 months or so we have made every attempt to tune and
tweak
ADSM to get the best through put.

We have had people from IBM here looking at our installation and giving
the
all clear on our installation of ADSM.

We even implemented an ATM backbone on our network with the possibility
of
upto 11 MB/Sec specifically for ADSM.

After doing this and every test we could possibly think of we finally
realised that the bottleneck was TCPIP.

TCPIP could only transfer at a max of approx 3MB/Sec. We were seeing
about
2.8 which we were happy with considering all the problems with TCPIP.

The only recommendation we had was to go to OS390 V2.7 where we are
told
TCPIP is much faster.

We wait to see if this is true.

One final addition  :

                   YOU ARE ONLY AS FAST AS YOU'RE SLOWEST COMPONENT
!!!.

Thanks,

Kuli.

Kulbinder Toora
01384 296191 x3498
e-mail - Kulbinder.toora AT meb.co DOT uk
Midlands Electricity

This outgoing e-mail (and any attachments) has been checked
(using Dr Solomon's v7.92) at MEB (UK 01384 296191) before
despatch, and has been found to be clean from any virus infection.

Virus queries - PC Tech Support (09 3521)
E-mail system - External Postmaster (09 3673).