ADSM-L

Re: Restore on NT did not keep directory level permissions

1999-02-11 02:08:34
Subject: Re: Restore on NT did not keep directory level permissions
From: Andy Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 23:08:34 -0800
This is how the V2 client works. Using the V2 client GUI,
selecting from the tree causes only files to be restored (the
directories are not restored, but recreated on the fly,
inheriting the permissions of their parent). To restore
directories with the GUI you need to perform a "restore
subdirectory branch" operation rather than selecting from
the tree. "Restore subdirectory branch" is the equivalent
of using the command line interface "Restore" command with
the "-subdir=yes" option.

The V3 client behavior has been changed such that both files
and directories are restored, even when selecting from the
tree view.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Storage Systems Division
ADSM Client Development
e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com
"The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked."

ADSM server 2.1.0.6 on AIX; Win NT 4.0 server client
When we restored an entire drive and the files had the correct permissions
associated with them but the directories and sub-directories did not. The
restore request was issued from the client using the gui interface by
highlighting the drive and using the file specification option with the
argument *.* and subdirectories clicked on.
Did we do something wrong, or is this a known problem?

Thanks,
Robbin M. Smith
Litton Enterprise Solutions
Smithr AT littonles DOT com <mailto:Smithr AT littonles DOT com>