ADSM-L

V3 backup of non-local files

2015-10-04 17:47:37
Subject: V3 backup of non-local files
From: Pat Wilson
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Ok - shoot me.  I'm getting ready to put ADSM clients in the hands of
students and faculty here, and am trying to figure out how to keep them
from backing up everything (local and non-local) that the client can see.
I've read the discussion that took place on the list last year about this,
but that didn't appear to create any fixes - as several folks pointed out,
in my world it is _never_ acceptable for a user to back up something that
doesn't reside on the local harddrive.

Has anyone come up with anything?  Domains (to my naive eye) aren't going
to work, since the users can call things whatever they want.

Thanks.

Pat Wilson
paw AT dartmouth DOT edu