ADSM-L

backint - Archive

1999-02-09 21:02:38
Subject: backint - Archive
From: "Lane, Debbie" <Debbie.Lane AT INTERMEC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 18:02:38 -0800
Environment:
* ADSM Server Version 3, R1, Level 2.0.  AIX 4.1.4
* ADSM Client Version 3, R1, Level 0.5   AIX 4.3.0
* Backint/ADSM Version 2, R2, Level 5.1 for AIX
* SAP 3.1H running under the 3.1I kernel

We have been using backint/ADSM on a daily basis to backup our SAP
databases.  We now have a need to archive a "monthly archive" for 15 months
and a "yearly archive" for 9 years.  We are not using the MAX_VERSIONS
parameter in the backint/ADSM profile (/oracle/D01/dbs/initD01.utl) .  The
initD01.utl file specifies the BRArchivemgtclass as backint-daily.  In ADSM
the backint-daily Mgt Class has an Archive Copy Group of Standard, whose
Retain Version parameter is set to 9999.  As you can see, our daily
retention defaults to the ADSM Retain Version parameter.
All scheduling for the backint/ADSM backups are currently done using SAP's
CCMS. Our monthly backup will never be on the same date, as our month-end
varies.

I would like to hear from anyone who has implemented a daily, monthly,
yearly archive utilizing backint/ADSM in an SAP-Oracle environment.
What is the best way to set up these different retention's?
Can an archive be rebound to a new management class?
What is the best way to set up the varied schedule?

All comments are appreciated!

Regards,
Debbie