ADSM-L

Bare Metal Restore on NT

1999-02-09 11:26:14
Subject: Bare Metal Restore on NT
From: Sean Stecker <Stecker.Sean AT ORBITAL-LSG DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 09:26:14 -0700
I've just been informed that this afternoon, we will be blowing away one of our
servers and doing a ground up restore from ADSM.  Just wondering if anyone has
any tips or tricks that you may have found while performing this operation.  I
know it's best to learn from your own mistakes, but I'm willing to make an
exception if anyone has any red flags to alert me to.  My biggest question is
that after we install NT Server and ADSM, what are the consequences of any of
those files being overwritten once we start the restore?

Thanks for your help!!

Sean Stecker
stecker.sean AT orbital-lsg DOT com