ADSM-L

Dsmsched.log and timestamp

1999-02-08 05:43:45
Subject: Dsmsched.log and timestamp
From: Valeriano Bassi <Bassi AT SSB DOT IT>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 11:43:45 +0100
Hi forumers,
we have had the following problem with some  HP ADSM clients.
After rebooting an HP UX B.10.2 with ADSM client version 3.1.05, entries in
Dsmsched.log have an erroneous timestamp,
that is they were 6 hours early than Server time. ADSM server is at 3.1.1.3
service level.
We know that this was a timezone problem on HP-UX V8 and 9 that can be
circumvented
by starting a script from /etc/inittab that exports the TZ variable and
then start dsmc sched.
But, this should be solved on HP UX V10 ...

Anyone did suffer (and solved) this problem?
Your help will be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Valeriano Bassi - bassi AT ssb DOT it