ADSM-L

Re: Windows NT ADSM server

1999-02-05 23:18:03
Subject: Re: Windows NT ADSM server
From: Shirley Chirico <SChirico AT OKIDATA DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 23:18:03 -0500
Something is wrong with your set up if you are only getting 1.5gb/hr!  And
especiallyif you are using a 25 gb disk pool.
We back up a 35gb database (true, each file is about 1.5gb) in 2 hours.
(over network). It goes to disk pool. Important to have disk pool be bigger
than one bu session (else migration will auto kick in).
 Check your activity log to see
if something else is happening while your bu is taking place, like a
migration or reclamation. Also important to have
compression parameters and NT parameters set right (I'd have to look them
up to report them - and probably depends on
particular HW anyway). And our NT server is not as powerful as yours! It
might be worth it to get a qualified IBM/ADSM rep in to audit your set up.
(Also we have ADSM v2, which is reportedly slower than v3)

"Ross, Mitch" <mross AT PSD.COMPUCOM DOT COM> on 02/05/99 09:25:03 AM