ADSM-L

Re: WAIT scripting command

1999-02-05 10:45:25
Subject: Re: WAIT scripting command
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 07:45:25 -0800
We maintain four primary disk pools, four primary tape pools, and one
copy pool.
I use the following macro to run the storage pool backups in sequence.
I know that migration takes about 15 to 30 minutes per pool, so I follow
the backups with
update schedule commands that lower my migration thresholds at 20 minute
intervals.
(We have three tape drives, so we can allow the processed to overlap.
Later in the day, after allowing plenty of time for all migration to
complete, I run
another macro that resets my high and low thresholds.

ba stgpool Diskpool-1 copystg wait=yes
ba stgpool Diskpool-2 copystg wait=yes
ba stgpool Diskpool-3 copystg wait=yes
ba stgpool Diskpool-4 copystg wait=yes
ba stgpool Tapepool-1 copystg wait=yes
ba stgpool Tapepool-2 copystg wait=yes
ba stgpool Tapepool-3 copystg wait=yes
ba stgpool Tapepool-4 copystg wait=yes
update schedule migrate_diskpool_1 type=admin startd=today
startt=now+0:01 exp=today
update schedule migrate_diskpool_2 type=admin startd=today
startt=now+0:20 exp=today
update schedule migrate_diskpool_3 type=admin startd=today
startt=now+0:40 exp=today
update schedule migrate_diskpool_4 type=admin startd=today
startt=now+1:00 exp=today

Joel Fuhrman wrote:

> Is there "wait" type of command available for scripting?
>
> I have a script that does a bunch a stuff including backing up the storage
> pools to the copy pools; thus I don't know how long it will take to get to
> the last commands. The last commands reduce the hi and lo migration values.

NOTE: You need to wait until the processing completes, or nears
completion before
you reset.