ADSM-L

Windows NT ADSM server

1999-02-05 08:10:19
Subject: Windows NT ADSM server
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 14:10:19 +0100
Hi ADSM-ers!
Last week I posted a question about the performance of ADSM on a Windows NT
server with a 3575 library.
I would like to rephrase my question in order to receive more replies. ;-)
I'm looking for performance figures for a Windows NT server. I found a
report called "ADSTAR Distributed Storage Manager (ADSM) for Windows NT
Version 3 Release 1 Performance Evaluation Report" but it's dated October
31, 1997. For this test a 2-way 166 Mhz. Pentium processor was used.
Hardware and processors are much faster nowadays, so I'm curious about
performances from the field.
I'm very interested in performance over 100 Mb. Ethernet or FDDI.
Any reply is VERY much appreciated!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon