ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:47:37
Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM wrote:

>We would like, in addition, use the -password=xxxx option in the first dsmc
>session (or in the dsm.opt) in order to avoid that the user has to enter an
>initial password at his first session. Or in the case tht encrypted password
>in the registry gets lost.
>First tests show the password option is not used if generate is coded.

Hello - I ran into the same problem with the SAP R/3 client "BACKINT", and
the solution that we used successfully was to:

1. Change the passwordaccess=generate to passwordaccess=prompt.

2. Run a dsmc command - we used 'query session'

3, Change the passwordaccess setting back to generate.

I've no idea whether this will work for your clients, but it's surely worth a
try?

Bob Cross.

--Boundary_(ID_R8qpYKfNG9OHgD4BzjDqpw)--