ADSM-L

Re: WAIT scripting command

1999-02-05 00:29:10
Subject: Re: WAIT scripting command
From: Charlotte Brooks <cbrooks AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 16:29:10 +1100
Joel - check out the server scripts, standard feature in V3.1.2 and higher.
Not only does each command wait for the previous command  to complete
execution, but you can do return code checking, branching - it's not perl,
but ....
 It is documented in the latest version of the Admin Guide and also in the
updated V3 Technical guide redbook, available from www.redbooks.ibm.com

Joel Fuhrman (joelf AT cac.washington DOT edu) wrote :
Is there "wait" type of command available for scripting?

I have a script that does a bunch a stuff including backing up the storage
pools to the copy pools; thus I don't know how long it will take to get to
the last commands. The last commands reduce the hi and lo migration values.
At this point, I would like to wait long enough for the migrations to start
and then return the hi and lo values to there normal values.

Regards,
Charlotte
Email: cbrooks AT au1.ibm DOT com
Ph: 61-2-9353-3437, Fax 61-2-9353-3496, Mobile: 0411-117-538
AP ADSM Technical Support Manager