ADSM-L

Sharing 3590s in a 3494

1999-02-04 20:16:01
Subject: Sharing 3590s in a 3494
From: Simon Watson <Simon.S.Watson AT OPENMAIL.FIC32.BSPSER.SIMIS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 09:16:01 +0800
We currently have an ADSM server 3.1... on AIX 4.2 connected to a 3494
with 2 3590s and we are looking to add more 3590s.

Is it possible to share one or more of these 3590 with a 2nd ADSM
server (running on HP box) by dual porting the drives.  I suspect it is
not possible to do automatically, however is it possible to do it
manually by taking the drives offline (within ADSM) on one server and
then marking them online on the other.  It would be nice to have this
flexibility for disaster recovery situations where you would want as
many tape drives as possible available for a large restore.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,
Simon