ADSM-L

Re: select preschedulecmd per event

1999-02-04 10:40:34
Subject: Re: select preschedulecmd per event
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 09:40:34 -0600
     I would say in the script, check the time of day and perform or not
     perform your actions based on that...

     I don't know what shell variables might be available but you could, at
     the beginning of your script, something to dump all your shell
     variables into a file somewhere to find out...

     NOW REMEMBER ! the preschedulecmd ONLY starts your command and then
     carries on with you activity.  In other words your data base might not
     be fully down prior to the scheduled event backing up its files !

     You might want to have a scheduled event of CMD to initiate your shut
     down script, then 5 minutes later have another scheduled event for the
     backup/archive of the data base files,  then a third scheduled event
     of a command to restart the DB... you could have this triggered within
     the last (estimated) 30 minutes of how long it will take to back up
     your DB files 'cause ADSM won't start the next scheduled event until
     the previous one finishes, just make sure the duration on the
     restartdb scheduled cmd is long enough to wait out the completion of
     the backup/archive.

     later,
           Dwight