ADSM-L

files not expiring

1999-02-04 01:28:11
Subject: files not expiring
From: "Gogineni, Sri" <SGogineni AT CAISO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 22:28:11 -0800
Hi all,
       We recently upgraded our ADSM server to 3.1.2.1 and to my horror
found that files were not getting expired.
instead of the regular 5 versions I'm having about 12 or 13 versions. I
checked up my managementclass. It is at default.

there was/is  one policyset active   named servers .  I tried to reduce the
copygroup  retextra and verexists  parameter
and reactivated the policyset( and running expireinv)  but without any
success.

I checked up the domain  backretention parameter as well.  I faced this
problem only after upgading  version 3.1.2.1 from 3.1.1.5

ADSM  3.1.2.1
AIX  4.1.5

domain         policyset  mgmtclass

servers          servers    severs