ADSM-L

Dec Unix ADSM Scheduler Userid

1999-02-03 14:33:51
Subject: Dec Unix ADSM Scheduler Userid
From: "Kerssen, Larry" <Larry.Kerssen AT METROKC DOT GOV>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 11:33:51 -0800
Can someone tell me how to tell what userid the ADSM Scheduler service is
using on a Dec Unix machine and where or how this userid is assigned?  I am
having a problem invoking a presched or postsched script for this client.  I
suspect it is a permissions problem.  No Unix commands appear to work from
the script (like whoami > test).   It does not even create the test file.
It does appear that the script is being invoked.   The same procedure works
fine on my AIX Unix machine.

My ultimate goal is to get the script to stop Oracle in the presched and
start Oracle in the postsched.