ADSM-L

Re: DRM - tape recyling

1999-02-03 09:59:49
Subject: Re: DRM - tape recyling
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 1999 09:59:49 -0500
That should not happen - if the tapes are in VAULTRETRIEVE status, they
should stay that way until you do the next MOVE DRMEDIA.
The only exception I know of, is if you manually delete the other data base
entries for them.
One way that can happen is if you do a DELETE VOLHISTORY for Data base
backup tapes before you get them moved back on site and checked in.

Can you check your activity log and find out of these tapes were STGPOOL
tapes or DBB tapes?

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert