ADSM-L

Re: How to predict which tapes will be mounted during restore

1999-02-02 13:19:28
Subject: Re: How to predict which tapes will be mounted during restore
From: "Louie, James" <LouieJ AT NABISCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 13:19:28 -0500
The following is a reply from IBM when I had posed them the same question a
while ago.

James Louie
Nabisco

With ADSM Version 3,  SQL is your answer to this...  The following select
statements will get you pointed at the right place:

1) select * from syscat.tables where tabname='VOLUMEUSAGE'

This query will show you the different columns for the volume usage table.
Please note that the first column is node_name.

2) select * from volumeusage where node_name='XXX'

This will display the sequential media volumes in use for a given node...
The
volumeusage SQL table has all sorts of information (see the first select) so
there should be lots of uses for this.