ADSM-L

[no subject]

1999-02-02 10:43:43
From: Maria Jose Rodriguez Canales <mar_jose AT ES.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 1999 15:43:43 +0000
Tjeerd, the tape drive we are using is an IBM 12/24 GB DDS-3 4mm Internal
(SCSI) Tape Drive. It's attached to the Netfinity, the rate with uncompressed
data should be 1.1 MB/sec and 2.2 MB/sec with compressed data.

  I know it's difficult to get that theorical rate, and the usual is to get a
lower one. However, 1.1 GB in one hour and 38 minutes, it's quite a lot. Which
rate should I expect using Shared Memory protocol, with client and server in
the same machine, and version 2?. What I know it's that there is not version 3
for OS/2 yet.

 In relation to the LANRES test, I know this is difficult and it depends on the
configuration, but the customer asks me again which is the rate they should
expect using LANRES.

 Thanks for your help,
                                                           Mariajo.

María José Rodríguez Canales