ADSM-L

db2adutl - DB2 backup management facility

1999-02-01 10:34:51
Subject: db2adutl - DB2 backup management facility
From: Gary Harrison <Gary.Harrison AT ARCADIAGROUP.CO DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 15:34:51 +0000
Hi ADSMers,

     We recently upgraded our AIX 4.2.1 box to run ADSMserver version 3.1.2.1.
We use DB2 UDB on an SP.

     In order to manage our DB2 backups we use the DB2ADUTL utility, which is
part of DB2.

     Since upgrading the ADSM server the DB2ADUTL gives an error :

     Error: Initialize session failed with ADSM return code 400

     Has anyone seen this error? is there a later version of DB2ADUTL ?
     Finally how does it interact with the ADSM Client ?

Regards,
Gary.
Gary.Harrison AT arcadiagroup.co DOT uk