ADSM-L

Re: ADSM performance on Windows NT

1999-01-29 15:20:23
Subject: Re: ADSM performance on Windows NT
From: Donald Daniels <Donald_W._Daniels/FFIC AT FFIC DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 12:20:23 -0800
Eric, my measurements are based on the actual data stored on the client before
compression. So the 7GB/hour is considering actual data before compression.
We're about to put up a separate 100MB Ethernet with Ethernet Switch for ADSM
traffic. We did some Ethernet testing that wasn't real usable because the client
machine was a test workstation (300Mhz single processor. NT) that had trouble
accomplishing decent compression and  disk io. These tests resulted in
4.5GB/hour (actual data before compression) on the 100Mb ethernet (and  much
slower on the 16mb token ring).  Once we get server-class machines running as
clients on the Ethernet, expectations are that we should  see better than the
present token ring performance. I'll pass along results as we get the Ethernet
running over next several weeks.

               Don Daniels

"Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL> on 01/29/99 04:44:24 AM