ADSM-L

internal 8mm support with ADSM v3.1

1999-01-29 09:53:17
Subject: internal 8mm support with ADSM v3.1
From: Tom Haddad <thaddad AT COLUMBIAENERGYGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 09:53:17 -0500
I have ADSM v3.1 on AIX v4.3(model H50) ..I want to use the internal 8mm device
as the output device when I schedule my database backups. Right now Im using
tapes in a 3570 Mod C, but that  ALOT of wasted space on a tape that I could be
using for client data.

Can this device be used? I've always used other devices (SCSI) in the past with
success.

8MM (its defined to ADSM as device RMT0)

DEFINE LIBRARY libname LIBTYP=SCSI
DEFINE DRIVE libname drivename  DEV=/DEV/RMT0
ELEMENT=????? (if any)
DEFINE DEVCLASS devclassname DEVTYPE=8MM FORMAT=8200 LIBR=libname MOUNTL=1.....

Am I close?